Azure Security Center
Remediate security recommendations in 1 click
Azure Security Center provides unified security management and advanced threat protection across hybrid cloud workloads. Using advanced analytics, it helps you detect potentially malicious activity across your hybrid cloud workloads, and recommends potential remediation steps, which you can then evaluate, and take the necessary action.
One of the main features of Azure Security Center is that offers prioritized and actionable security recommendations so you can remediate security vulnerabilities before they can be exploited by attackers. To simplify remediation of security issues now allows you to remediate a recommendation on multiple resources with a single click.
- Quick access to 1-click fix
The 1-click fix label is shown next to the recommendations that offer this faster remediation tool.
- Logging for transparency
All remediation actions are logged in the activity log.
How to use 1-click remediation
Look for the “1-click Fix !” Label at the recommendations!
Once you click the “1-click Fix !” Label, the recommendation information page will pen. Select the affected resources and click Remediate
A final window will open that will inform you about the action that will be performed and what will affect. Check the information and if you agree click the final “Remediation” button
Current 1-click remediation availability
Remediation is available for the following recommendations in preview:
- Web Apps, Function Apps, and API Apps should only be accessible over HTTPS
- Remote debugging should be turned off for Function Apps, Web Apps, and API Apps
- CORS should not allow every resource to access your Function Apps, Web Apps, or API Apps
- Secure transfer to storage accounts should be enabled
- Transparent data encryption for Azure SQL Database should be enabled
- Monitoring agent should be installed on your virtual machines
- Diagnostic logs in Azure Key Vault and Azure Service Bus should be enabled
- Diagnostic logs in Service Bus should be enabled
- Vulnerability assessment should be enabled on your SQL servers
- Advanced data security should be enabled on your SQL servers
- Vulnerability assessment should be enabled on your SQL managed instances
- Advanced data security should be enabled on your SQL managed instances
Single click remediation is part of Azure Security Center’s free tier.
Read more at: Azure Security Center single click remediation
Pantelis Apostolidis is a Sr. Cloud Solutions Architect professional at Office Line SA and a recognized Microsoft Azure MVP. For the last 15 years, Pantelis has been involved to major cloud projects in Greece and abroad, helping companies to adopt and deploy cloud technologies, driving business value. He is entitled to a lot of Microsoft Expert Certifications, demonstrating his proven experience in delivering high quality solutions. He is an author, blogger and he is acting as a spokesperson for conferences, workshops and webinars. He is also an active member of several communities as a moderator in azureheads.gr and autoexec.gr. Follow him on Twitter @papostolidis.